Friday, May 26, 2006

Kung Fu

The Los Angeles headquarters of the Bean Blog affords our staff certain luxuries that other blogs simply cannot offer: sunshine, surf and let's face it, the local ladies love bloggers. But beyond the cliches, our concrete oasis gives us something special: the chance to purchase the wardrobe left over after TV and movie production closes. Now we won't romanticize this unusual feature because the shops generally carry little more than Emeril's socks or a head-band worn on Growing Pains. One day in my impetuous youth, however, I struck gold. For $4, I picked up a pair of jeans actually worn on Walker Texas Ranger. Yes, you read that right: WALKER TEXAS RANGER. And there was something magical about the crotch of those pants. Not only were these jeans appropriate 'cocktail attire', but they had the functionality for both sidekicks AND reverse crescent kicks. I had dreams of walking the earth, solving peoples problems with kung fu and my flashy new jeans.
Regardless of these pants, I just didn't have the kicks. Very few problems were solved and even fewer villians tasted my Mantis Kung Fu. I was devestated.
But now I have the chance to live vicariously through our little Joshalyn. At only 6 months, she's a high kicking over-achiever. She's pummeling internal organs with the cold fury of a 7 month old. If a kicking baby is a healthy baby, she's Richard 'freakin' Simmons.













Now, we have treat for all of you Bean fans. We've taken a series of high-resolution sonograms (yes, this is no joke). Here's a taste below. I'll upload more when I return from sunny Maui. Aloha

3 Comments:

At Friday, May 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You couldn't of said it any better sweetheart! So you gave her the kicking "jean" and the wonderous, handsome yet large nose... for a bb(before birth)6 month old :)
She is cute already!!!

 
At Saturday, May 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's beautiful. I don't get the nose thing.

 
At Saturday, May 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Mom but who else other than you nose?
Good writing "Father of Joshalyn!" Some funny stuff here. We hope the job search goes well, when you land it please let us take you out for a celebratory dinner?
Ciao bella.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home